One of the first issues you will encounter while buying a carpet is carpet dimensions. We have listed the standard carpet sizes below so that you can buy the most suitable size carpet for your room.
POPULAR CARPET SIZES
4 (M2) SQUARE CARPET SIZES
10+ (M2) SQUARE METERS of CARPET SIZES
7 +(M2) SQUARE METERS of CARPET SIZES
6 (M2) SQUARE METERS of CARPET SIZES
3 (M2) SQUARE CARPET SIZES
5 (M2) SQUARE METERS of CARPET SIZES
CORRIDOR RUNNER CARPET SIZES
BEDROOM CARPET SIZES
250x400 cm 300x350 cm 300x400 cm
080x300 cm 100X300 cm 080x200 cm
HOW TO CALCULATE CARPET SQUARE?
• Width and length lengths written on the label of the carpet are found in cm.
• If the label is removed, the length is measured with the meter.
• Width and length lengths are multiplied by each other. For example 160 x 230 cm
• The result found is divided into 10,000. Like 3.68 m2
The actual square meter is calculated by multiplying the width and length of a carpet. Then it is rounded to the near-known sizes. Popular sizes;
The following dimensions are all considered to be approximately 4 square meters of carpet.
150X230 = 3.45 M2 160X230 = 3.68 M2
170X240 = 4.08 M2 200X300 = 600 M2
220X320 = 7.04 M2 250X350 = 8.75 M2
250X400 = 10 M2 300X350 = 10.5 M2
300X400 = 12 M2 400X600 = 24 M2
HOW TO TAKE CARPET SIZE?
Before you start shopping for carpets, measure the total width and length of your rooms. In addition, take the floor dimensions of important functional parts such as dining table, bed, sofa, coffee table. draw a floor plan showing. This will make your job very easy when deciding on carpet dimensions.
After taking the dimensions of your room, you should decide how the carpet will be placed in the room. For this, you can look at the sample room layouts below.
• Should the carpet go under the seats?
• A smaller size rug to show off your parquets more?
• Should the dining table chairs overflow the carpet when pulled?
• How much space should be left next to the carpet to be laid in the entrance and runners?
After answering these questions, you can decide on your carpet size. Due to production techniques and ongoing habits, you can usually find standard carpet sizes in stores.
Note the current dimensions of alternative carpet models you like. If you do not have the chance to see the carpet in the place you will be laying before buying it, cool it down by measuring a simple table cloth or newspaper pieces. This will help you decide between alternative sizes.
4 square meters is the size where the most colour and pattern types can be found. Online and physical carpet stores keep this size in their stocks because 4 m2 is the most used and sold size.
When it comes to 6 square meters (6m2) carpet, 2x3 meter carpets come to mind first. Or 190x280, 190x290 and 180x280 carpets fall into this class.
The size of 6 square meters is very suitable for living room and large living rooms. The most suitable carpets that can be used in the halls, especially under a large centre table, are this size. They can also be used under dining tables for 6 and 8 people. is a suitable size.
HALL AND LIVING ROOM
Living rooms and salons are the most spent living areas in the house. When choosing a carpet in these areas, you can benefit from the following scaled settlements. 170x240, 200x300. 250X400 Although less, 170x240 and 200x300 sizes are also preferred.
In the dining rooms - in the area where the dining table of the halls is commonly used - a carpet suitable for the size of the table is generally preferred under the dining table. The point to be noted here is that the chairs around the table do not overflow the carpet in the sitting position. Carpet size can be determined by adding 30-40 cm in width and length.
• 220x320 carpet can be preferred for a table of 4-6 persons in the size of 90x160. (If the area is small, it may be at 140x200)
• 240x340 carpet can be preferred for a table of approximately 100x200 size for 6-8 people.
• 250x400 cm carpet can be preferred for a table of 8-12 people in the size of approximately 100x320.
• Commonly used carpet sizes in the bedrooms are shown in the following schemes. In our country, two short carpets (80x150, 70x130) are placed on both sides of the bed, and a long runner (80x300, 80x250) is placed on the bedside. Although not very common, another use is to place a large rug (300x350) under the bed, on the bedside table.
The size of the carpet in the kitchen depends on the shape of the kitchen and how much you want to cover the floor, as in other venues. Usually 80x250, 80x300, 100x200 runners are preferred in tall kitchens. If there is a dining table in the kitchen, you can use a carpet of 120x180, 133x190, 140x200 under this table.
These are the areas with the most variety of structures in houses. For thin long halls, runners of 70-80-100 cm widths and 200-300 cm lengths can be preferred. Also, in long corridors, 80-100-120 cm widths can be used in ball runners that can be cut in any length. Sizes 100x300 cm , 080x300 cm are preferred.
TIPS FOR CARPET MEASUREMENT
• Measuring the area where the carpet will be used twice will eliminate mistakes.
• Determine in advance whether you want the carpet to go under the seats and how much you want to overflow from furniture such as dining table and bed.
• Go for measurements that can be found easily in the market. Choosing a special size will reduce your colour and model options.
• Before you finally buy the carpet, you can lay the same size newspapers on the floor and have an idea of how the carpet will stand.
if you need more support we will be happy to guide you via WhatsApp click